Rasa Yoga Teacher Trainings 2017
Brazil (training in Portuguese) June 15-24 & October 20-29, Sao Paulo, BR www.yogaflow.com.br
Seattle Nov 2017 – January 2018 with Greta and special guest Sianna Sherman! www.balayoga.com
Join Greta and a heart tribe collective of special guests for this special opportunity to deepen your yoga practice and learn the essential skills to become a great teacher. The Rasa Yoga training is registered with Yoga Alliance and provides a comprehensive foundation in the art and practice of teaching soulful and skillful vinyasa yoga. This 200-hour training draws from a wealth of knowledge and fundamental tools necessary to develop the heart, gifts and unique voice of each teacher. Rasa Yoga aims to guide you on the path of your own Dharma (Divine Life Purpose) with essential teaching skills, sacred wisdom and practical tools to support you on and off the mat.
Dive deeply into powerful studies that combine both the logical mind with intuitive flow, the scientific with the mystical traditions, and the conscious with the subconscious to unlock the creative energy of you.
What is Rasa Yoga?
Rasa Yoga is a revolutionary style of yoga that is a bhakti fusion of creative vinyasa flow, sacred alignment, myth, mantra, mudra, meditation, and ritual. Inspired by a deep desire to grow, Rasa Yoga is modern day flow style of yoga infused with technique, spirit and sacred intention.
Rasa Yoga was founded by internationally celebrated teacher Sianna Sherman as a platform for transformation dedicated to the love of yoga, community, creativity, and soul alchemy. The teachings can be applied to both vinyasa and hatha yoga classes
Who is this training for?
This training is for yoga teachers seeking to refine their skills AND dedicated practitioners who wish to immerse themselves in the practices of yoga. The program offers a soulful and integrated approach to serve as the catalyst for radical change and growth in your life. You will be given all the tools you need to grow into a skillful and successful teacher of yoga as well as radically evolve your practice and transform your life.
Topics Covered include (but not limited to):
- Sankalpa – crafting root intentions for your practice, teaching, and life
- Sadhana – foundational practices for a yogic life
- Vinyasa Flow – initiating creative, satisfying, inspired flows connected to breath
- Foundation & Form– intelligent alignment & key biomechanics of 108 yoga poses
- Functional Anatomy – an integrated vision of the human body & essential anatomy for yogis
- Meditation Fundamentals – learn to practice and teach 4 different meditation styles: awareness, focused concentration, self discovery/transcending & energy
- Pranayama – learn to practice and teach a wide variety of beginning through advanced breathing techniques
- Subtle Body Anatomy – demystifying Chakras, Koshas, Prana Vayus, and Nadis
- Mantras – the power of sacred sound
- Mythology – stories of the gods and goddesses from the yoga tradition that bring the practice to life and provide everyday inspiration for modern times
- Mudras – Sacred hand gestures or seals
- Bandhas – energetic locks for asana
- Restorative & Yin Yoga – restful practices for deep healing
- Yoga History & Philosophy– study key teachings from sacred texts: Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and a sample of tantric texts
- Intro to Sanskrit – basic pronunciation for asana poses and common chants
- Intro to Ayurveda – the yogic way to health and wellness
- Art of Teaching – setting class themes, voice & effective communication, demonstrations, use of music, verbal and physical adjustments and more
- Progressive Sequencing – intelligent & creative maps to sequencing
- Sacred Space– the art of holding space & creating ritual
- Coaching for Teachers– shadow work, hero & heroine’s journey, keys to confidence, wellness, abundance mentality and nutrition
- Business of Yoga – professionalism, marketing, creating workshops and trainings, teaching privates, building community, standing out in a crowded market
Guest Teachers (Seattle):
Sianna Sherman (Ignite Magic!)
Claudette Evans (Sanskrit)
Audrey Sutton (Soul School for Teachers)
Alli Shafer (Mantra & Mudra)
Sonya Genel (Anatomy)
And more…Details coming soon!
What people are saying:
“Greta Hill is a most Radiant Yogini, Master teacher, and Priestess. Her knowledge is both vast and deep with profound understanding how to live yoga in the whole of life. She is a true leader of community and transmits the Spirit of Yoga through her words, heart, and actions. Greta is a leading teacher of Rasa Yoga and the first initiated teacher to offer the 300-hour Teacher Training for the Rasa Yoga “Soul Alchemy” School. She is an expert guide for yoga teachers to refine their skills and step into full power with joyful authenticity. Greta has my full trust and her dedication to transformation with the “wish to grow” is a tremendous inspiration for me.” – Sianna Sherman, international yogini: visionary of Rasa Yoga & Mythic Yoga Flow; co-founder of Urban Priestess
“If you are looking for a yoga training that will fully empower you, or if you just want to refine your practice and deeply understand the teachings of yoga, I recommend you consider training with Greta Hill. Studying with Greta was a true journey of empowerment and personal growth. I have deep gratitude for Greta and for her teachings, she knows how to touch our hearts and transform our lives. Through this amazing training, Greta expresses all the love she has for yoga and teaches with her graceful personality, full of sweetness, clarity, depth and truth.” – Eduardo Monteiro, yoga teacher; Sao Paulo
I also offer private mentoring for teachers looking to refine their skills and discover their own unique offering. Mentoring is essential for new teachers trying to find their way in the yoga world. The mentorship is designed to meet your unique needs and desires while providing structure, accountability, clear reflection and feedback to help you become the fully integrated and powerful teacher you were born to be!
Some topics that may be covered in your mentorship include (but are not limited to):
- crafting your personal & professional Sankalpa
- creative sequencing maps for transformational classes
- review of essential key biomechanics & anatomy
- addressing therapeutic yoga concerns
- learn to skillfully weave themes into your yoga classes
- how to use “street language” that connects to the hearts of your students
- design a personal Sadhana
- voice refinement & verbal cueing
- the art of adjustments & effective demonstrations
- the art of holding & creating sacred space
- review & study of key philosophical texts within the yoga tradition
- how to build your brand as a teacher of yoga
- receive guidance & feedback on all aspects of your teaching, including your professional bio & promotional materials
All mentorships are done via Skype and include an opportunity for your teaching to be reviewed via video submission.
For more details and to apply, please sign up below.
“I started mentoring with Greta over a year ago. As we dove deeply into several areas of teaching, such as sequencing, theming, philosophy, and planning workshops, Greta provided an open and safe space for me to grow. She challenged me to turn within for answers, to cultivate my meditation, contemplation and self-study. This allowed me to learn, explore and expand mentally, physically, and creatively. I can honestly say that this mentorship has profoundly transformed my teaching. I now have confidence as a teacher, and I finally feel as though I am speaking and teaching from my own experience, in my own voice, from my heart.” – Marjan Harbison